Alyona wrong is giving an intro to the Jivamukti Yoga Method.
On the background you can see the beautiful salty wall at Inspire Studio in Dubai.
The Jivamukti Yoga method is a proprietary style of modern yoga created by David Life and Sharon Gannon in 1984.
Jivamukti Yoga is a path to enlightenment through compassion.
It is grounded in the original meaning of the Sanskrit word asana as “seat, connection” – relationship to the Earth.
The Jivamukti Method is a physical, ethical, and spiritual practice, combining a vigorous hatha yoga, vinyasa-based physical style with adherence to five central tenets:
shastra, bhakti, ahims?, n?da, and dhyana.
- Shastra: Study of the ancient yogic teachings, including Sanskrit chanting, drawn from the Focus of the Month to the extent possible.
- Bhakti: Acknowledgment that God/Self-realization is the goal of all yoga practices; can be expressed through chanting, the setting of a high intention for the practice or other devotional practices.
- -Ahimsa: A non-violent, compassionate lifestyle extended to other animals, the environment and all living beings, emphasizing ethical vegetarianism (veganism) and animal rights.
- Nada: The development of a sound body and mind through deep listening; can be incorporated in a class using recorded music, spoken word, silence or even the teacher’s voice.
- Dhyana: Meditation: connecting to that eternal unchanging reality within.
Alyona Wrong for Dubai Loves Yoga
Hosted by Inspire Yoga and Pilates
Check more blogs